If I Only Had One...

If I could only access one social media platform I would choose Facebook. I currently only post on Facebook even though I have accounts on YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. I am so old I even had a MySpace page. I do watch, share, and like videos on YouTube, but I never post videos or comments. My reason for not using Twitter and Pinterest seems a little silly even to me, but I never use them because they feel too unorganized and chaotic. Tweets coming in a mile a minute and a bunch of sporadic Pins only managed to flare up my undiagnosed OCD. I could not handle it, so I had to let them go. Next to go was Instagram, I tried to be hip with my daughter, but alas I do not take enough pictures of everyday life to use Instagram. My Insta-page was almost empty for three months, while my Facebook feed was flowing freely during that same time. Facebook offers features that I personally use like sharing news or information, interacting with family and friends around the world, and a large variety of mobile games. I think if other people and news organizations stopped posting on Facebook I would stop using social media altogether, because right now there is not one platform available that I would use instead.

Comments